After the completion of the initial research in 2015, Mrs Maria Thyda Rath consulted with a number of other NGO’s and people with experience in helping the elderly and children. From these meetings and discussions and prayer came the vision and mission of New Day New Life and the identification of the key projects and who were to be the beneficiaries of the work to be undertaken.
The next step in the process was to get official registration with the Ministry of Interior as a Cambodian Local NGO (non-governmental organization).
On 23 November 2015, New Day New Life Organization was officially recognized as a Local NGO in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
To see the poorest elderly being loved and cared for, basic needs are met, Support and uphold their value, giving them hope and happiness in the latter years of their life. (Matthew 25: 36)
To bring Love, Care, Value, and Support to Cambodia’s poorest elderly, living in remote areas, through the provision of food support, health care, living in community and well-being activities.
- The rights of every individual elderly to have their basic needs met.
- The right of every individual elderly to dignity.
- God’s love and hope available to every individual elderly.
- A sense of community and involvement of the community.
- Feeding Project – Distribute basic foods for poorest elderly in the countryside
- Community Project – Building house and build a community for the elderly
- Early Prevention Project – Education Support and human trafficking prevention to the orphan grandchildren of the elderly people at the countryside
- Business as Mission – set up other business which expected to earn profit for the 3 above projects
Key Benefits for the Project Beneficiaries
- They don’t have to struggle to meet their basic needs.
- They are empowered to contribute towards meeting their own needs.
- They can live their lives in better health & in a healthier condition.
- Their lives are transformed to new lives with hope, love, respect and dignity.
Communities we Serve
Kompong Chhnang Province is 90 km north from Phnom Penh City.
It takes about one and a half hours to drive from our office to the village but sometimes it can take as much as two hours because of the traffic.
We work in few villages of two districts, these are Roleabhear and Teok Phos District.